LEADER AS COACH: EMERGING COACHING SKILLS FOR EXECUTIVES, MANAGERS, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGERS AND SALES LEADERS to PROMOTE MEANINGFUL CONVERSATIONS...
Traditionally coaching was been reserved for Executives and selected individuals ONLY.
Things have changed!
"Mass retirement of the Baby Boomers and inadequate succession planning present an opportunity for coaching in the workplace. First-time managers along with Millennials and Gen X in executive leadership positions are primed to benefit from partnering with a coach and to receiving training on how to use coaching skills with their peers and team. By applying coaching skills, managers and leaders of all ages are role modeling this skill set for younger employees and future leaders. NOW more and more organizations are realizing the powerful impact of having leaders grow and lead with a coaches' mindset and powerful conversations!" ICF/HCI 2018
"The preferred management style is moving from command and control to a new style based on inclusion, involvement and participation"*
If you and your organization are struggling with:
- Lack of transparent intergenerational conversations and dominance by senior professionals.
- Providing all generations feedback and a compelling sense of their PURPOSE aligned with the organizational purpose.
- Sharing your cross-generational stories, successes, failures and knowledge that could inspire collaboration and natural succession planning. Stories will bring your gifts together!
- Providing timely, short bursts of feedback suitable to all generations.
- Listening and conversational skills; ensuring YOU and all generations are feeling SEEN, HEARD and UNDERSTOOD.
- Overwhelm, exhaustion and not holding YOU and your team CAPABLE.
- Trying to fix and advise but still not having the IMPACT needed.
- Collaborating in a psychological safe and compassionate way with yourself or others to increase stamina, resiliency, and innovation.
This Group Coaching will:
- Help you make better shared decision and outcomes.
- Deepen your leadership capacity and that of those around you.
- Help you show up with a calm, confident and powerful leadership presence.
- You develop the habit of listening to all generational perspectives so you and your team are being seen, heard and understood to affect the bigger system.
- Strategically influence the behavior and beliefs of others.
- Develop a Growth vs. Fixed Mindset.
- Teach that there is actual brain chemistry that we can intentionally influence to transform one person's ideas into co-creative ideas that encourage influence and buy-in.
- Learn to create a conversation that is psychologically safe so diversity is respected.
Sixty-five percent of organizations aim to expand the scope of
managers/leaders using coaching skills in the next five years.*
Coaching skills are considered essential competencies for first-time
A business case can be made for investing in a strong coaching
*ICF/HCI Building a Coaching Culture with Millennial Leaders 2017
IN THIS COACHING JOURNEY, YOU WILL LEARN:
- What career and leadership coaching is, along with why and how it works.
- The tools and skills YOU need to develop to take a coach approach for leadership and management.
- How to conduct a coaching conversation.
- An overview of the leadership coaching process (including gathering data on performance, how to discuss and provide feedback on recent performance, how to develop an action plan for moving forward, how to implement the development/action plan and how to evaluate continued progress and performance).
- How YOU can support and challenge YOUR best performers to achieve greater levels of success.
- How YOU can integrate coaching seamlessly into YOUR everyday interactions with your direct reports, clients, and even kids.
- How YOU can shift YOUR mindset with a Leader as Coach paradigm.
THIS COURSE PROVIDES YOU WITH A COMPLETE SET OF MATERIALS AND CAN BE DELIVERED IN A CUSTOMIZED FORMAT. THIS WILL INCLUDE INTERACTION & PARTICIPANT EXERCISES.
The ideal situation arises when leaders model coaching skills and a coaching mindset in their behaviors on a daily basis. Contrary to popular belief, coaching is not exclusively for development purposes-it is for the everyday challenges.
In this context, coaching can address 80% of routine obstacles in less than 30 minutes, as opposed to other forms of leadership that often forces people to do things that feel unnatural or leave you stuck for weeks. The more that you and your team advocate and model coaching, the better it will be for the entire organization.
Coaching cultures deliver a great promise: a high performance environment that holds people accountable for delivering results, while fostering a climate of full engagement, personal development and mutual support.
If you take the steps necessary to make it happen in your organization, the dividends could be exponential!
Clients have said they walk away with:
"A greater sense of self-awareness and a strength approach to leading my team!"
"Demystifying Coaching - I can create space to listen, ask probing questions, show empathy and still reach SMART Goals."
"I sense where I want to go as a leader in my organization."
"The tools to start building a stronger team by modelling a coach approach."
"An overall ability to apply the coaching competency at home and work."
"A new definition of how to communicate! Amazing!"
"Confidence to have Fierce Conversations."
"Permission to have career and leadership conversations with my staff."
"Awareness of my own gremlins and fears."
"A new appreciation for my team’s strengths!"
"Being happy at work is important and it was worth taking 3 days to slow down and grow my coaching competency! Bravo Shelley!"
Ready to get started? Let's connect for a 15-minute phone conversation to confirm this is the program for you and your organization. All payment requirements are addressed in the free 15-minute session.
We offer Leader as Coach Online until further notice.