All Leadership Coaching Programs are Tailored to Enhance Engagement, Resiliency, and Well-Being to Promote & Sustain Leadership!
During COVID-19 these Competencies have become even more VITAL for you and your team!
Leadership at any level requires you to withstand storms and winds in your everyday leadership journey! We partner with you to create the space to grow even GREATER RESILIENCE & FOCUS to adapt and thrive during challenging times.
We take a coach approach designed to bring resiliency to your leadership practice! Through a combination and blend of neuroscience, coaching, positive psychology, social and emotional intelligence, and strong mindfulness techniques we will grow YOUR Leadership Resilience!
We offer 2 key Coaching Programs proven and designed for Individuals or Groups
Emotional intelligence is the ability to be aware of our own emotions and the emotions of others, in the moment, and to use that information to manage ourselves and our relationships optimally.
The Coaching Nest offers the SEIP grounded in the science of psychology and research on EI.
Individually or in groups you will
- Receive your own SEIP (Social and Emotional Intelligence Profile) this will be delivered online and administered electronically to be quick, easy to use, and easy to understand. This is an assessment report describing, in behavioral terms, what Social and Emotional Intelligence skills look like when an individual has them and when he or she does not
- Discover the 26 Emotional Intelligence competencies and which ones are most important for your leadership journey
- Identify your strengths and vulnerabilities
- Learn how to enhance your Emotional Intelligence with competency-based stories
- Draw up your individual development plan
- Engage in weekly or biweekly coaching
- Use highly-interactive exercises and customized modules
- Use ongoing coaching in between workshops to reinforce your learning and support while integrating new leadership practices in the organization or business you lead.
Upon completion of this coaching you will be able to:
- Articulate the components and subscales that define SEI
- Develop your personal management plan for success
- Learn strategies to leverage your SEI
- Identify areas of personal growth for yourself
- Communicate more effectively
- Become a deeper listener and engage with others in a trusting manner
- Know your triggers
- Establish a self-coaching style
“Emotional Intelligence is much more powerful than IQ in determining who emerges as a leader. IQ is a threshold competence. You need it, but it doesn’t make you a star. Emotional Intelligence can.”
WARREN BENNIS, AUTHOR OF ON BECOMING A LEADER.
The Health and Wellness Case for SEI:
People with resiliency:
- Get fewer colds and illnesses
- Have fewer symptoms and suffer less pain when they do fall ill
- Have lower risk of chronic disease (heart disease, stroke, diabetes, immune disorders)
- Live longer!
Dr. B. Fredrickson, Distinguished Professor, University of North Carolina, Positivity, 2009 Cohen, S. & Doherty, R., Psychological Bulletin, 2005
Mindfulness-Based Strengths Practice (MBSP)
Leaders like us are often thrust into situations where we are faced with challenging circumstances, unimagined busyness and often unrealistic expectations. We need to embrace the “full catastrophe” of our journey and embrace the learnings and joy leadership will bring!
"What happens when we experience too much adversity?"
With limited resilience, negative emotions trigger the brain into a fight-flight response, resulting in narrow focus, reduced productivity, feelings of being stuck and limited coping. We compromise our ability to adapt and get things done! Worse we may make decisions without seeing the entire picture!
Instead learn how your brain works! The executive functioning skills are key to the power and focus that all leaders desire! The amazing news is coaching trains our brain so we become better problem solvers, decision makers and focused leaders!
This is not about perfectionism; this is about embracing the way our brain works and developing strategies and new ways of thinking to show up with another Leadership Superpower to EMERGE STRONG!
The Coaching Nest encourages the philosophy of mindful leadership combined with a strength approach
What is Mindfulness-Based Strengths Practice (MBSP)?
Mindfulness is a way of paying attention to what’s happening in the present moment with non-judgment and bringing forth specific positive attitudes. It means connecting with the leader within and radical awareness of what you’re doing and why you’re doing it.
Mindfulness is a powerful tool for well-being that can:
- increase engagement
- enhance mood and reduce stress
- improve how we work with others
- increase resilience
When combining mindfulness with an understanding of your strengths you have more focused powerful leadership superpowers!
MBSP brings together the latest science of mindfulness and character strengths into a practical program to help people flourish. This 8-week program is grounded in a blending of experiential exercises, mindful meditations, and interactive group coaching. Science shows that our attention isn’t focused on what we want it to be focused on for almost half of our lives. In order to make the changes we want to make in life and realize our goals, we need to set an intention and be able to pay attention to it for a consistent amount of time to make it a habit.
You will be provided with:
- A safe compassionate space to explore your own awareness
- An introduction to Strong Mindfulness with space for practicing CALM and FOCUS
- A 360 strength branding report and strength spotting
- A boost in personal power and an improvement in meaningful conversations
- A personalized leadership manifesto
- Development of action plans for further growth and a better ability to focus on priorities